Monday, March 19, 2012

Meatloaf wrap

Truth be told that I don't really like meatloaf when eaten on its own......but I absolutely love using leftover meatloaf to make all sorts of other dishes.

This meatloaf wrap is one of my favorites.

Here's an easy tutorial on how to put it all together.

Step 1: Heat up a piece of tortilla (cold is fine too. I used a low-fat spinach herb tortilla). Spread fat free mayo on it....alright, i'm a little sloppy  at mayo spreading but who cares right!


Step 2: I like to start layering with lettuce and other vegetables right in the middle of the tortilla. You can add all sorts of veg & fruits i.e. carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, avocado, grapes, apples, kiwi etc.

Step 3: After piling on the vegs, I added in slices of meatloaf, cheese and dollops of my special meatloaf sauce.

Step 4: I actually piled on more veg before rolling the tortilla up tightly.  Tuck in both ends neatly.

Step 5: To ensure that the ends are secure and to make eating easier and less messy....I like to foil wrap both ends.

Step 6: Cut the wrap in the middle at a slant....you can serve it with soup, salad, chips or other sides. It packs well in lunchboxes too.

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment