Friday, July 2, 2010

Tiong Bahru Market

As I mentioned before, Tiong Bahru Market is just a stone throw from my flat. I like the market 'cos there's just so much to see and buy....from fresh produce, meats, fabrics, toiletries to all the yummy local cuisines!
I love the many flowers shops on the ground level of the market.....there are so many different types of flowers - cut ones as well as potted ones. And the flowers are all very fresh looking.

And fruits.......I don't even know where to start.......

The wet market is on the ground floor and the food stalls are on the 2nd level....
See all the new high-rise buildings in the background......
Here's the famous chwee kueh stall......I'm not such a big chwee kueh fan but I've tried it before and it ain't too bad.
That's our breakfast.....RG with his kway-chap....(I love how the stall owners will give him a look of disbelief when he goes to order his kway-chap or pig's organ soup! They'd always exclaim "got pork leh!").....
Me.....I prefer my chee cheong fun and soon-kueh!!! I really really miss soon kueh when I was in the states!
To get to the market and back.....we need to walk pass the old walk-up flats...I like that the estate has an old charming feel.....very nostalgic!

These are probably the original shutter windows.....

I don't see these old mailboxes anywhere else anymore!!

No comments:

Post a Comment