Friday, April 9, 2010

Project GREEN....

I had strips of remnant fabrics left and I didn't want to waste them. So I pieced them together and made these..........can you guess what they are?


Okay....another clue....it looks like this when you are using it.....


It's actually a cup sleeve! Back in Singapore, I used to bring my own mug to Starbucks - not only is it green to do so....I also get a discount off my regular coffee.


While it's not always convenient to lug around a coffee mug especially with a tiny purse....you can still do your part for the environment by bringing your own cup sleeve! It'd definitely help cut down the use of paper cups (double cupping) and cardboard sleeves. I'm not the one who came up with the fabric sleeve idea....but whoever had come up with it really deserves a big pat on the back!


I had layered my fabric sleeve with thick interfacing and had also used a layer of flannel. It'd keep the fingers from burning when you have a hot cup of coffee and the insulation layers would keep the coffee warm too. I used velcro on the ends so that it would fit most cup sizes. And it's completely reversible!

You can wrap it around the strap of your handbag/wrist or around your purse so that you'll remember to bring it along when you are heading out for your coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment