Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Polenta

After all the unhealthy eating over the past few days, I decided to make some polenta for dinner last night.

I whisked the cornmeal into some low-sodium soup stock and added very little seasoning - pepper, salt & sage. I also added some finely chopped pineapples 'cos I bought 2 big pineapples as they were on sale =P Then I poured the mixture into a non-stick baking pan and placed the pan in the refrigerator (at least an hour) to allow the polenta to set.

Once the polenta sets, I cut it into little pieces and placed them on a grill pan over the stove to cook for 2-3min on each side.

The texture is kinda like our "cai tao kueh" (radish cake). It's pretty bland 'cos I used very little seasoning. If you'd prefer it to have more taste, then you can add a stronger soup stock with more seasonings or even add some butter/cheese (which makes the polenta less healthy of course!).

I topped off the polenta with a stir-fry medley of lean chicken breast, celery, pineapple and cashew nut with a dash of sweet-and-sour & thai chilli sauce to add a little zing to the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment