Friday, March 5, 2010

So I've been sewing.....

I've been practicing my sewing with my existing fabrics.


Well, my hands are still a little wobbly....I've to use tonnes of bobbin pins to hold my fabrics together while sewing....and I'm still trying to get better acquainted with my sewing machine which has been giving me some problems now and then.


The sewing part is kinda fun but I seriously hate to cut the fabrics. Maybe 'cos I don't have the right tools...it's so hard to get the lines straight and the measurements accurate. I probably spend more time cutting the fabric than I do sewing.


And I've been shopping at etsy! There are so many beautiful and one-of-a-kind fabrics (i.e. hand screen-printed ones). I bought some that are super high on the cute factor and am so looking forward to using them to create useful stuffs. So for now, I've to practice, practice and practice till I'm better at handling my machine/fabrics.....I wouldn't want to spoil my pretty purchases!


Here are 2 of my recent projects - checkbook and card holders.


1 comment:

  1. Just bought a plastic card holder at Popular for $1.50, so utilitarian - and then I see yours. Lovely!!! I like all your crafty ideas.

    ReplyDelete