Thursday, December 24, 2009

The man on the bridge.....

It breaks my heart to see him standing on the bridge....rain, shine, snow - he'd be there.

I asked a town resident why he's always standing there....and was told that he has been doing so for the past decade.

Apparently, the man's wife met with a car accident and died....he was so devastated that he became a little crazy.

Everyday without fail, he'd ride his bicycle to the bridge...supposedly to wait for his wife to return.

I've to hold back my tears everytime we pass by the bridge and see him standing there.

Even though it might have been craziness that has driven him to do this....I'm sure a large part of his action would've been the love for his wife. How sweet and noble is that!

Recently, I read an article in a magazine (can't recall which mag already)...the author - a cancer Doctor in a large hospital wrote that the greatest love of all can often be seen at the hospital he works. And that the best man a girl can ever ask for is the one who'd sit and wait patiently at the cancer ward...and who holds the girl's purse while she's receiving her chemo treatment. That's love!

It's easy to love somone...the hard part is to love "in sickness and in health, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer....."

For this X'mas....I wish everyone - LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment