Saturday, November 14, 2009

Unexpected visitors....

While doing the dishes after lunch....I saw some dark silhouettes out of the corner of my eye. I rinsed the soap off my hands and went to the back door to check if someone was in my yard as I was expecting a delivery from Amazon.


Imagine my shock when I saw a huge flock of turkeys (I counted twelve turkeys at least) leisurely strolling through our yard! What a sight that was!


I yelled for RG to come take a look and quickly grabbed my camera to snap the scene. Unfortunately, my camera settings were all screwed up in the big rush and most of the photos turned out blur.


I telephoned my neighbour to inform her of the presence of the turkeys and she came out to look as well. She told me that the turkeys had nested in a tree that used to be behind our backyard but the tree had since been chopped down as it was diseased and posing a threat with its falling branches. And every year around this time, the turkeys will return to this place to look for their home. Awwwww...poor turkeys!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, interesting!

    Did you manage to catch 1 for your Christmas dinner? ;p

    Lan Eng

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha....everyone is suggesting that! =P

    these wild turkeys are well-loved in our little town 'cos they are such a sight!! apparently, every year around this time, people would be eagerly awaiting their arrival

    so no...i'll prob just buy a bird off the supermarket shelf. that'd save me the trouble of catching a live one, slaughtering it and being labelled public enemy of the town!

    ReplyDelete