Thursday, October 15, 2009

The taste of home....




I'd be lying if I say that I don't miss the food back home. Although there are food places that sell Chinese or Indian food here, they all taste kinda funny as they've mostly been altered to suit the tastebuds of the Americans. Occasionally, we'd crave for some mee goreng, indian curries, tom yum soup, MEE SIAM etc...especially when the weather is starting to get chilly.


Imagine my joy when I found this online shop http://www.efooddepot.com/ located in Oklahoma that sells all kinds of food from all over the world - including Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia etc. The online shop carries a wide range of Asian Home Gourmet and Prima sauces that I occasionally used back home in Singapore. While, I'm a tad disappointed that my ABSOLUTE favorite Brahim sauce is not on their list...I'm still grateful for whatever that I can get hold of...hey, beggars can't be choosers right?


So, after one mad online shopping spree, I'm close to a hundred bucks poorer. But hey, I figure it'd not only be more troublesome to get my parents to ship these stuffs over...it'd probably also cost much more than what I've paid for my online purchases after adding in the shipping charges. I ordered the stuffs last Thursday and I received the package via FedDex today. I could hardly contain my joy and excitement as I fumbled to open the box.


Hmmmmm, I counted 33 packets of sauces....maybe I went overboard this time? But it really really made my day!!


Stay tuned for what I'll be cooking over the next couple of weeks...or months.


[NB: I just found another online shop that sells Bah-Kwa!!!]

No comments:

Post a Comment